AckkStudios has announced on their tumblr that a special demo of their upcoming game, YIIK: A Postmodern RPG will be releasing next week on Tuesday, September 6th. The demo is entitled YIIK: Episode Prime – “The MixTape Phantom and the Haunting of the Southern Cave.” Made for showcasing at PAX West, the demo is a standalone quest set in the same universe as YIIK, offering perspective on the game’s mechanics and storytelling style without actually spoiling the main game’s plot.
According to the tumblr post, YIIK: Episode Prime will have these features
- Miniature dungeon with unusual enemies, and Lufia 2 style puzzles!
- Explorable town with hidden secrets, shops, and unique NPCs!
- Contained Story set within the world of YIIK: A Postmodern RPG.
- Reduced version YIIK’s unique COMBAT SYSTEM. Featuring Alex, Vella, and Claudio!
- Petite version of ONISM1999. (In game Message Board where conspiracy theories, ghost sightings, and other strange things are discussed.)
- Keyboard & Dualshock 4 controls.
- Rockin’ tunes by Andrew Allanson (Two Brothers), Jose Alfaro, Calum Bowen (Lovely Planet), Hiroki Kikuta (Secret of Mana), Michael Kelly (VA-11 HALL-A) and Toby Fox (Undertale).